Looking to Stay on Budget? Shop Online

Share

Hi All,

The Money Pages has a great article up on their website.  Evidently, a new study has come out which shows that if you shop for groceries online, you are far more likely to stay on budget. This makes great sense, whenever my wife and I go grocery shopping we always seem to come back with more food than we intended to buy.  Here is the first few paragraphs from their study:

It seems that online shopping is the best way to safeguard your budget when doing your weekly shop, according to the results of a new poll; revealing that 54 per cent of online grocery shoppers say that the fact that it’s ‘easier to stick to budget’ is the biggest motivating factor behind why they shop online.

The study, conducted by www.vouchercloud.com, polled 1,911 UK co-habiting couples as part of ongoing research into personal finance and household budgets. All respondents were aged 18 or over.

The study initially asked, ‘Do you usually do your grocery shopping online or in store?’ to which the majority, 61% said in-store. The remaining 39% said that they usually conducted their weekly shop online.

Click here for the full story.

Join our newsletter

Screen_shot_2017-04-25_at_1.05.57_pm

Subscribe to get the latest "Engineer Your Finances" content via email.

Powered by ConvertKit
About the author

Join our newsletter

Subscribe to get the latest "Engineer Your Finances" content via email.

Powered by ConvertKit

ModestMoney.com Top Finance Blogs

Archives