Youtube is full of junky personal finance advice. So, when I came across this quick video on the basics of personal finance, I thought I’d go ahead and republish it here on Engineer. It’s unique and interesting because it outlines some personal finance basics, but also shows how you should take the investments basics and implement them into a viable asset allocation scheme – an investment risk pyramid.
1. Consider risk, return and liquidity when making asset allocation decisions
2. Use the rule of 72 to determine how often your money doubles
3. Understand that all investments carry some type of risk
4. Volatility is part of investing, prices will rise and fall
5. When you buy a stock, you become an owner
6. When you buy a bond, you become a lender
Get Your FREE Book Now
Enter your name and email to get the "365 Day Money Challenge" straight to your inbox.