If you’re ready to become a blogger and turn your writing talent into a steady income stream, now is the time to do it. Blogs today have become more precise and, consequently, more profitable than even 3 years ago. Savvy bloggers are able to define a target audience that has both a niche appeal for interest and a broad attraction. From there, these bloggers work hard to appeal to their target audience in every post to both engage and monetarily benefit from the relationship with their audience base.
How difficult is blogging?
According to Statista, the majority of bloggers spend between 1 to 3 hours on each blog. Income can range from a few dollars to tens of thousands, depending on the blogger, one’s niche and one’s audience base. Investing the time and work needed to produce a sustainable blog is the first step toward success. Realistically, one may be spending several hours each day just getting your blog off the ground.
What do I need to do to make money with my blog?
The reality is that a new blog takes time to begin earning any sort of income stream, so factor that into your plans. You’ll need to be patient while you build the groundwork needed to start attracting an audience. To start seeing some profit, the first thing you need to do is choose a revenue stream or a way to bring in money.
5 potential sources of income that can start you on the path to profitable blogging:
- Services – Sell your services as a coach, writer, speaker or consultant. One way to do this is to send people to your website. Another way is to feature your services on a content marketing site such as ConnectPal.
- Products – Sell the eBook you made for free on Canva, merchandise, downloads, teaching resources or software.
- Ads – Sell ads through Google Adsense, job boards, sponsored posts, RSS advertising, text links, or video advertising.
- Affiliate sales – Direct readers to an affiliate site where they may purchase products or services. You earn a kickback from the amount sold at the affiliate site.
- Events – Sell access to live events such as online workshops, webinars or meetups.
While the above methods are common ways to earn revenue from one’s blog, there is another way that could prove profitable. Content marketing sites, like ConnectPal, provide an opportunity to strategically build one’s audience and create a new channel to get readers to your blog. ConnectPal’s platform, for example, is fairly simple and user-friendly – simply create one’s own ConnectPal page, then populate this page with engaging content. You can repurpose content from your blog to create this page, if you would like. In this way, a ConnectPal page becomes a brand new channel to funnel visitors to your blog.
While there is no guarantee of fast and fantastic riches, it is possible for your blog to become a source of income. Just know, it requires a lot of patience, hard work and some marketing knowledge.
Get Your FREE Book Now
Enter your name and email to get the "365 Day Money Challenge" straight to your inbox.