One of the most complex academic assignments is to compose a research paper on finance. This is a difficult subject, which requires lots of strengths and great attention. However, it would be a big mistake to believe that such projects are all about making calculations and formulas. When a student writes a research paper, a lot depends on his/her own wits, knowledge and writing skills.
They are likewise important even when you compose papers on finance topics.
If you are to complete such a project, you should give much heed to the manner you operate with the facts, support your own opinion, and interact with the readers. It’s needed to undertake various steps to create a worthy piece.
Here are the most important steps you should follow:
- Select a topic.
- Compile facts.
- Craft an outline.
- Write a draft.
- Revise every section.
- Submit the project.
Every point out of this list is vital. We will explain everything in greater details.
The initial step of any research work is the selection of a good topic. You should be careful. If you are repeatable or select a meaningless point, nobody would like to read it. It should concentrate attention on a concrete and currently important problem. Brainstorm several ideas and discuss them with your academic supervisor. Let an experienced person help you to make the decision.
You should gather approved facts about your study. Get as many information sources as possible. Afterward, refine them and sort out all that are not effective enough. Make sure that they can be trusted. Depending on what you are going to use, create a writing strategy.
The best way to select a reasonable writing strategy is to craft an outline. It should include all the necessary aspects of academic writing. A research paper differs from common essays. It contains more sections, which are unique after their own fashion. These are as follows:
- Introduction. Gives a general idea about your work.
- Literary review. Provides used informative sources, which contribute to your study. Add a few facts about your own achievements as well.
- Methodology. Contains methods you have used to prove your point of view.
- Outcomes. Provides the results of your study.
- Debates. Discusses the outcomes of the project and interprets them.
It is remarkable that each of these points is supposed to have a small outline too.
Don’t try to write everything in a single set. This is a typical error of many students. You will surely make some mistakes. Therefore, begin with a draft. If you manage to write two, it would be even better. Thus, you’ll have more time to improve your project.
The main focus is given to the introduction, main body, and conclusion. The introductory part should reveal some catchy facts about your topic. Ignite a desire to read your work.
The main body supports your thesis statement, which should be stated in the last sentence of the introduction. The body paragraphs should be full of examples, statistics, infographics and other proofs that your theory is correct.
Though it may be boring, you have to revise your study. Reread every section, in turn, several times. This provides with greater dependability that you will mark all errors. Use plagiarism checkers to write authentic papers and grammar checkers to get rid of mistakes. Ask other people to read your research paper for higher dependability.
Finally, you should submit your project. Of course, you ought to be sure that you haven’t made mistakes, cited all quotations properly and made a correct reference list. Afterwards, hand the project to your academic supervisor and get prepared to defend it.
A Few Tips on Important Aspects
You should give heed to several points. They are given as a summarization of the entire article.
- Organization. Organize your research in a triangular of newspaper style.
- Abstract. Make sure you don’t exceed the length of your abstract. It should be about 150-250 words long. Add the most important details on your research to provide your readers with a clear understanding of your intentions.
- Introduction. This part should be about three or four pages if you compose such assignments as a dissertation. If this is a common essay, it will be enough to write four or five sentences.
- Literature review. Implement this part with a bit of your own contribution. It should mention the major works you have used in the course of your investigation. Mention all experts whose works helped you to craft the research. In the meanwhile, mention some of your own contributions. These may be any papers related to the topic or discipline. Be concise.
- Main plot. Support your ideas with the approved examples.
- Theory. Specify a theory, which supports your project. Add the necessary details.
- Empirical work. As you undertake the project, register all the empirical work fulfilled during the writing process. These must be the major outcomes and focused data.
- Conclusions. Restate the main question. Be brief and exact. Base your final thoughts on actual facts without any personal opinions.
- Format. Follow the assigned writing style and never violate its requirements. This may be APA or MLA.
Do not forget about these research paper writing tips borrowed from experts who work for a academic paper writing service with 10+ years of experience. They help to avoid lots of potential mistakes. Thus, you won’t be deprived of important grades and will meet your goals.
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get the latest "Engineer Your Finances" content via email.